Saturday, May 19, 2007
APSS
Wasn't in school on Thursday and Friday because we had to help out at the Asia Pacific Speakers' Conference, a conference on entrepreneurship,expertise and personal effectiveness. It was good exposure, good food, and good fun.
Some of the speakers were really good, I liked Deborah Torres Patel and Eric Edmeades the most. Deborah made the whole room do silly things like sticking out your tongue and making funny noises. I felt like I was part of a funny cult. She's acted in many broadway productions as well. Coolness. Eric was impressive too. (must be the name haha!) He madethe room do some relaxation exercise and delved so deep into our unconsciousness that it a real challenge to come back.

Here's Eric touching Siang Ee's hair, tell me I'm a cool photographer. As helpers, our jobs were pretty simple, ushering, helping out at registration and time keeping. Ian was tasked to help out at the booth almost permanently. I was timekeeper for awhile and had to sit behind Siang Ee who was BLOCKING my view the whole time. haha. ok, just kidding.

The timer which we had to keep from ringing.
There was this guy called W Mitchell (I dunno what the W stands for), he got hurt in a motorcycle accident and then burnt in another flying accident. He's now back up, runs an enterprise and is the next President of the International Speakers Federation. It's really admirable! Oh, David Lim, this guy who climbed Mount Everest and subsequently had some nerve disease was there too. The way they get through adversity can be summed up in a word: COOL. haha..

The speakers also talked about goals and visualization. What they all said was the same, you have got to be focused on what you want in life. That's hard, I dun even have a focus. One of them even asked us to make a video of our vision, add some inspiring music and "I am..." phrases, and play it to constantly remind and feel good about ourselves.

Oh ahha, there was this Justin Timberlake lookalike that the guys were crazy over cos they want to sell it on eBay -_- Lotsa people asked for his picture!

After the conference, we hung out with Donnie and his friend, Yongquan and had quite a bit of fun telling jokes and lamenting on the disparity in maturity level. I was too matured! We talked to this 2 people from TIME too! HAHA. One of the TIME guys wanted to start a business, and talked to Donnie for like 1hour! The girls left early and the guys went to play at the umm, arcade. Oh yes, we got to meet Ken too, he has grown much taller!

Well, I guess no one enjoyed the conference more than Chen Liang did. He got himself a new girlfriend. (ok im gonna get sued, pls visit me at the prison)
The BLOODYYroseat1:24 AM
|