Friday, December 01, 2006
China through my eyes
My arrival at the airport was a whooozywheezy flurr.. I was late and had to face a pissed lynette voice on the phone. that was cool haha but i've forgotten what she said. but who said lousy beginnings wouldn't make the trip a blast!?
We visited the Mao Stronghold first. Good decision. Who does the best introduction but Mao right?

Tian An Men Square. I checked, it's really a square!

ok in case u were wondering, this is Annabel Lee. Bet some of you thought she was a Chinese National ie: Zhong Guo Ren. Nah, she isn't. but her outfit and similar styles were recommended by M.A.Os at the Beijing Airport.

This is me with a
true Chinese National. She was trying to get me to buy the M.A.O headgear, but I decided a picture would be more ahem, Cost Efficient. Note that Peace Signs and Straight Fringe Haircuts are so popular in China that a better descriptive word would be uh... rampant?

We headed on to some temple/Summer Palace/Forbidden City like place. They all look the same I swear. It started to get COLD. Bee has her hat on! My hat was terribly ineffective in fending the cold cos it had so many holes in it -_- So I made a sacrifice. I decided to go Lion, rah.

This is Dot. I believe this was the only rare moment I saw her wearing the White Jacket.

This is Dria and Saumya. Individually, both of them are feeling two extreme emotions after a few hours of immersion into the Chinese Culture. Dria speaks extreme glee. Saumya is... on her way to Nirvana. NB: Check out the hanging tongue!

This is all of us screaming and praying for 7As. Thank you Thomas, Lionel and the teachers for being our official photographers in these 7days.

Ok random. This is me and Angie, our tour guide "forever". I quote. BUT THIS PICTURE SCREAMS WITH IRONY. Guess who's leading Angie??? MEEEEE!!!!!!!!


This is Dot again. Dot goes on all fours when introduced to the magnificent wellfurbished hotel room :D Extreme.

With free time on hand, some of us decided to get a MANICURE. Plus, it was really cheap! $3 SIN DOLLARS ONLY. My manicurist is cute.

Rachel's manicurist is meticulous. In this photo, we observe that Rachel tries using the legendary peace sign.

Nicol was also involved in the manicure session. But his was just uhh.. whatever. No nail polish.

This is us on the 2nd day. We visited the Underground City of Beijing. It's really cool. It was created during the WW2 or Cold War. A series of hidden underground tunnels which lead you all the way to Temple of Heaven or Tian An Men square. There're even underground factories and cinemas. I liked it! And I can't imagine what other secrets countries keep from one another.. hmmm..

This is a Silk Factory in the Underground City. Silk is COOL.

After that we went to this place. I think it's the Forbidden City.

We tried to get the guards into the photo!!!! AND WE SUCCEEDED! haha..

On the way back.... Arms are linked and smiles are wide.

SHIT I AM GETTING LAZY. hahahahaaaasdmlsamdsamld.
This is Dot and I on the Rickshaw. These Rickshaw riders will bring us to the Chinese Hutongs - the living quarters of the common people. It's kinda cluttered and narrow. The rickshaw ride was really nice : )

STARBUCKS COFFEE! Exactly the same picture!
All the students featured here offer a subject called Economics at H2 level.

And talking bout Econs related stuff.. This is a capitaland retail mall in Beijing!!!
Can u see the logo???

Transport is also cheap in China. Per entry into Buses, 1 yuan is paid. For airconditioned buses, 2 yuan is collected upon boarding. When converted, it's definitely much cheaper. However taking monetary value to be the same, Singapore's transport system is also comparably cheap.

OK BACK TO THE STORY.

HAHA. Dot and her Bing Tang Hu Lus. They're really really good :) Strawberries and Kiwi!
And I had a hot chocolate here. Very nice! It was like melted chocolate........ Ahhhhhh.. Bel got lost here also.

THIS IS THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA. I like this picture! Guess who took it? ME.

Huiqian and I. We climbed to the top! YES! and I remembered Yingxiu. hahahaha. -_- The rest of the losers climbed only like HALFWAY. Wait I need to report their names : DOT SAUMYA RACH NICOL DRIA..... TSK!

BEE AND I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We look a plane to Xi'an on the 5th and 6th day. Xi'an has good service and food!

Rachel and I at Xi'an. I like the shop behind :)

ME LEADING ANGIE ON. hohohohohhohohoho. ok sorry just kidding.

THE TERRACOTTA SOLDIERS!!!!! It's good. haha.. and the walk to the terracotta soldiers was nice :) the scenery was beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I climbed into the wrong place and nearly got killed by a MAO guard. OH! We saw this girl that really really resembles Zhu Runyu.

Looks like Runyu right right right right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just that maybe Runyu has a less gleaming face hahaha.. That's me trying out the peace sign. PEACE PEACE PEACE PEACE!!!!! AND Bee looks so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drum Tower. YIN YANG SIGN. Because of the immense school spirit within us, the SC girls decided to take a picture! haha.. yaye.

On the bus in Xi'an.. Saumya does the tongue thing again. haha..

Let me hear you SCREEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!!!!!

Dot and Nicol snuggle up in the back seat.

Tan Hui Qian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The father of Cheem Vocab.

Tan Hui Qian!!!!!! Oops, I meant Ms Lim. Ms Lim says HI!

Bianca Lee! hahahha.. Bee scared Thomas with her camera at the airport. hahahaha..

Starring Dria Marhain in Topsy Turvy!!!!!!!!

Starring Saumya Aggarwal in Do you have Tissue?

Starring Rachel Low in SHUT UP, just SHUT UP SHUT UP.

And now to introduce the Hotel Nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dot and HQ's dare! hahahha..

Dot's dare!!!!!

Dria's Dare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And apart from weirdo games like these, we played rounds of Polar Bear and DARKROOM! I love darkroom! hahaha.. It's really fun! The pictures below are supposed to be dark but are lighted cos of flash usage.

Bee believes that HQ will still hide in that corner. haha..

And she realises she's mistaken. HAHA.. eh look at that pose mann..

AHHA! dot gets caught. hahahha...

Annabel Lee cheats by standing on elevated ground.

Annabel being MARCO.

AND SHE FINDS A VICTIM. I think it's Rach.

YAYEYYEYEYEYYEYEYEYYE...

Dot gets hungry.

Ms Lim and I with KITES!

History students!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEe......

Oh. Saumya was appointed as hat and scarf keeper for like 10 secs.

AND SHE DROPS THE HAT!!!!!!

Temperature rises in the backseat.

TATTTTTTOOOOOOOOOT.A.T.U
ok dlsamda I'm lazy to continue.... China trip was really a great experience and I'm glad I went for it, along with the whole group of amazing and eternally enthusiastic bunch of girls and guy. The teachers were cool as well. Our tour guides were even cooler! Thomas, our Beijing guide was involved in the Tiananmen Square Protests in '89.. I miss Thomas! Lionel, our Singapore guide is a really generous man who treats us to sausages and Starbucks, and not forgetting telling us about his love life and scandals.

I also learnt loads in this trip, not pertaining to Humanities only. Lots of things I have yet to analyse and deeply understand. Understood myself a little more. I like the dinners we had, the bus and plane rides.Really like listening to Annabel's voice, listening to Bee talk, and Saumya's funny remarks and handsigns. Really enjoyed rooming with Dot, stoning, not talking much at times but really liking the silent company.

I'll chooose this picture to close this entry. Leaving for Vietnam tomorrow. I feel like I haven't helped the Viet Group at all, so I will give my best in Vietnam. Dearest Shari, Jiatian, Joanne, Joyce, Bra.. you are dearly missed and we really need to do catching up, BIG TIME. My sis is returning home tonight and I'm really glad! Tiring cos I need to go to the airport again. Blogging like this is detached in a way but more explicable. I'm turning into a changed person, so please remind me to hand in my China Homework by the 11th. Meanwhile, looking forward to Vietnam, rooming with FF and the cultural night ;)
PS: I found my camera! It's in my luggage bag haha..
The BLOODYYroseat8:58 PM
|